Saturday, October 23, 2010

NFL Week 7 Picks.

Alright 8-6 last week, leaving me at 47-43 for the season. A bit of my sanity is returned and I'm very pleased to have that back. Let's hop into this week, though it isn't a very interesting week.


CIN vs. ATL *Game of the Week*

                                 Both teams are coming off of disappointing losses and both need wins to try and regain the momentum they had going into last week. While Atlanta has been playing well this season, they just don’t seem to match up well defensively against the Bengals passing game. I don’t believe that their defensive backfield will be able to contain TO and Chad Ochocinco. I’m picking the Bengals for the win.

                PIT vs. MIA 

                                  Miami hasn’t been the most impressive team this season, while Pittsburgh looks like one of the best teams in the league. I doubt the Dolphins will be able to compete with the Steelers defense. Steelers win.
               
                BUF vs. BAL
               
                                                 Buffalo has not been able to get all three parts of their team going at the same time and it has destroyed their chances at having a good season. They aren’t going to be able to compete with the Ravens. Nice note for Ravens fans is that Ed Reed has returned to practice and could be seen in the course of this game.

                JAC vs. KC

                                 Jacksonville will be without David Garrard in this game. Regardless of how good or bad you think he is, He’s still better prepared to lead this Jacksonville team than Trent Edwards or Todd Bouman. Kansas City should win with ease.

                CLE vs. NO

                                 As bad as New Orleans has looked at times, I don’t think they should have a difficult time against a team lead by a rookie quarterback. Though the last time I said that, they lost the Cardinals so. I’m still picking them to win.

                WAS vs. CHI

                                 This could be an interesting matchup. Chicago has been able to hold teams down defensively well putting up points offensively. However, Jay Cutler is still coming off a concussion and I doubt that he’ll be able to out think the redskins defense. I’m going with the Redskins on that, but I’ll probably be wrong considering how the rest of my picks have panned out.

                SF vs. CAR

                                 Carolina is playing musical chairs with their quarterbacks, which usually leads to a team not being able to win. The 49ers are coming off of their first win and should be able to build on that success in this game. 49ers win.

                STL vs. TB

                                 At the beginning of the season I would have said that Tampa Bay wins solely on the fact that St. Louis is starting an overrated rookie quarterback. Well, it seems that rookie quarterback is not as overrated as I thought he was. I’m still picking Tampa Bay to win on the strength of their corners, but this game could easily go either way.

                PHI vs. TEN

                                 Philadelphia surprised me with their big win last week. However with Tennessee’s defense playing so well, I still have a hard time picking against Tennessee. I’m going with the Titans, mostly on a gut feeling that Philly is in for a letdown, though the potential for Vince Young to not play hurts my confidence in this pick.

                ARI vs. SEA

                                 This game, ugh I really can’t tell you what to think about this game. I keep thinking that I understand these teams, only for both of them to surprise me. I have nothing profound to say because I am so baffled by these teams. I’ll say Seattle wins, just on the toss of a coin.
                                               
                NE vs. SD

                                 In other years this could have been a close game. However, San Diego just lost to St. Louis. Any chance they had of me taking them seriously has just flown clean out the window. New England wins.

                OAK vs. DEN

                                 I’ll be damned if I can figure these teams out either. Denver has somehow found a way to be competitive while Oakland has found a way to win a few games. I’ll pick Denver because I trust Oakland’s success less, but I don’t think these teams are very good.

                MIN vs. GB

                                 I was going to say this will be an interesting game, but then the Vikings decided to not play well. Green Bay should take care of business in this game, though the injuries are starting to mount.

                NYG vs. DAL

                                 This would have been my game of the week had the Cowboys won last week. But they didn’t so they’re not going to win this week. Look, the Cowboys have a lot of talent, but they are so undisciplined and can’t help but turn the ball over at the worst times. No, I don’t think they need to immediately fire Wade Phillips, because it would accomplish nothing. Changing coaching staffs midseason never does anything in the NFL. At the end of the season, ok I can get behind that, but right now? No. So, yea Giants win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment