Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Thoughts on the Pro Bowl rosters

Ok, I'm normally not the on ewho screams from the mountain tops if those I selected for the Pro Bowl don;t get selected. I view the majority of writers (like Clark Judge and Pete Prisco) who call the Pro Bowl "onvalid" because those they would have picked aren;t selected as petty and selfish. Usually I recognize the fact that there often aren;t enough spots in the pro bowl for all the great players in the NFL today.

However there is one selection I have a major problem with. Miles Austin has no right to be compared to players like Larry Ftiagerald and DeSean Jackson. He has had about five or six great games and has otherwise been an ok receiver. Don;t get me wrong, he has made a good case for breakout player of the year. However he hasn't performed at the same level as players like Aquan Bolden, Roddy White or Steve Smith of the Giants. I have no real beef with most of the other players on the teams. He just doesn ;t desrve to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment